|Scope & Content||
1948 prospectus sent to American Chrome and Magnesium Industries, Inc. offering a 5-point program as to why they should locate in Anacortes.
1) introduction - Anacortes, at the industrial hub of international Puget Sound and at the base of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, is the closest major port to the Twin Sisters mineralized areas (up the Skagit River valley);
2) The Port of Anacortes has laid out a plan for a 150 acre industrial site at Ship Harbor. More that half, 89.7 acres, in now under port ownership or option. Approximately 43 acres are being offered the chrome and magnesium industries for immediate use;
3) The Port of Anacortes will provide deep sea docking facilities at the site with berthage for two 10,000 ton ships to be served by a 60 foot dock approximately 600 feet long;
4)Labor of all types is in good supply in Anacortes and throughout the commuting area;
5) Low cost hydro-electric power can be had in Anacortes in spite of acute power shortages for immediate as well as long time needs;
6) Rail connections, water and air transport facilities, housing and water as well as other basic requirements for a new industry are already available and are equal to facilities at other ports.
|Caption||American Chriome and Magnesium proposal|
Anacortes Chamber of Commerce
Port of Anacortes
American Chrome and Magnesium Industires, Inc.
Place - Anacortes, WA