Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1028.003
Description 1949 advertisement calendar from the Brown Lantern with a shot of the interior view of Brown Lantern Tavern, 412 Commercial. The Brown Lantern began business c.1934 as a "beer parlor" and is still in business today (2013). *c.1937 and 1939, Axel Jorgenson owned the Brown Lantern Tavern; c. 1948, 1949 it was owned by Sigler and Harvey Moen; c. 1952 and 1960 owned by Manley Matson. Note: on negative strip WF 1028.001.B, this image is shown in negative #3. The negative strip was probably given to Wallie Funk by Jess Sturgeon. It is clear that WF 1028.001.A is a copy negative. For other views of this tavern, see WF 1463-1470 and 1730. Its baseball club is shown in WF 0819.

*Based on directories available at the Anacortes Museum. Ownership extends beyond the years listed here.
Date 1949/ /
Photographer BRADY, Ferd (in his collection retrieved by Wallie Funk)
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Brown Lantern Tavern
tavern
Object Name Negative