Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0184
Caption Delmonico's
Description Delmonico's Restaurant was on the West side of Commercial Avenue between 1st and 2nd (1902 city directory) or between 3rd and 4th (1905 county directory). It was one of the earliest restaurants in Anacortes, run by a succession of owners. It advertised in the 2-1-1890 ANACORTES PROGRESS with Allen and Barnum as owners.

Identification of this as the interior of Delmonico's's is based on the information on the back of the museum's copy. Also, note woman at far end of the counter appears to be the same woman as in WF 0183, second from left in that photo. Man with handlebar mustache (3rd from left) also matches man in WF 0183 at far left.

1902 P Avenue between 3rd and 4th
"Zack Benn has sold out his restaurant business, the Delmonico. Headed for the
Louisiana Purchase Expo to open restaurant there" - ANACORTES AMERICAN, 6/2/1902
[Note: 1892 Polk directory lists Benn as running restaurant in LaConner.]
C. C. Clark now proprietor; Thanksgiving Dinner menu advertised - ANACORTES AMERICAN,
11-14-1902
1905 Delmonico's: Charles Clark proprietor
1911 Delmonico Cafe raided; Nick and George Maranokos were arrested on the charge of
selling liquor to guests - ANACORTES AMERICAN, 8-10-1911
1912 Delmonico's Oyster House; last year in city directory
Date 1905 c.
Photographer Unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Delmonico's Restaurant
Delmonico's Oyster House
restaurant
Object Name Print, Photographic