Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2224
Caption CITY OF ANGELES - Lopez Island
Description WF 2224-2228 is an unidentified series of images from one negative sleeve; all appear to have been taken in an area resembling the San Juan Islands. This image shows the ferry CITY OF ANGELES at the Lopez Island ferry dock. The boat was built in California in 1906. She began serving the Anacortes-San Juan Island run in 1923. According to the "H. W. McCURDY MARINE HISTORY OF PACIFIC NORTHWEST, p. 336, "The newly converted ferry CITY OF ANGELES, chartered from the Puget Sound Navigation Co., was placed in service in May between Anacortes and Sidney, B. C., with stops at Orcas and Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands, by the Victoria - Anacortes Ferry Co., headed by Capt. Harry W. Crosby."
Date 1930s
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Transportation - Maritime
Place - Lopez Island
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Search Terms CITY OF ANGELES
ferry
Lopez Island
San Juan Islands
Object Name Negative