|Caption||Anacortes City officials|
The 1944 Anacortes City Council and the Mayor, Charles Peters (sitting in front of table at right) are posed for this photo. Sitting behind the table, left to right are Councilmen: Tony Mustacich, the next two gentlemen are Mr. Foss and Walter Hammonds but have not been identified as to which is which, Al Derby, then Ferd Brady, Stamley Hatton and Dr. Ed Dodge, Optometrist, is sitting at far right on side of table. Chief of Police Harold Hinshaw is standing in rear row at far left, then Tom McQuarry theWater Superindendant, city Attorney William V. Wells, Sr, Treasurer JSadie Argues and Fire Chief Les Snider.
The July 10, 1939 ANACORTES AMERICAN reported that Brady, a "former city council member", had been re-elected to the board from the 2nd Ward. Note the Great Northern Railroad calendar on the wall at right which dates the image. The location is probably the interior of Anacortes City Hall Building at 1107 5th Street. On September 25, 1947, City Hall moved into the Elks Building, vacated in 1937 by the Elks and known since that time as the "Community Building."
Place - Anacortes, WA
BRADY, Ferdinand "Ferd"
DERBY, Alfred "Al" L.
DODGE, Edwin Eugene, Dr.
PETERS, Charles, Mayor
SNIDER, Leslie "Les" E.
WELLS, William Virgil, Sr., Mayor/Attorney
Anacortes City Council
Chief of Police
Mayor of Anacortes
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|