|Catalog Number||WF 0100|
|Description||This view of Mill Row (the area fronting the west side of Fidalgo Bay in Anacortes) was taken from Cap Sante and extends from approximately 15th Street at right to 20th Street at left. A church is visible at left rear. The mill operating in center is one of three mills which operated at 15th Street between Q and R avenues in the years 1918 to 1925, when this photo is estimated to have been taken. This site originally was occupied by McCann Mill in the 1890s. Rodgers Mill opened here c. 1899 through 1910. Then the Old Oregon Mill (1910-1917) existed, followed by the Morrison Mill (1918-1955). Other small shingle mills are visible to the left of this mill. Depending on the time of the photo, they could be: Corbett Mill Company (c. 1914-1949) at R and 20th); Hamilton Mill (c. 1911-1917 at 21st and S); Reichert Cedar Co. (c. 1917-mid-1920s at 17th and R); or McGuire Cedar Company ( c.1910-1916 at 17th and S). An earlier view of this site was published in the 8-6-1959, ANACORTES AMERICAN Pioneer Edition, sect. 2-4.|
|Photographer||JUDD, Charles L.|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Anacortes , WA.
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
|Place||Anacortes , WA.|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|