|Catalog Number||WF 6448.001-.002|
|Caption||Gray Home - c.1950|
|Description||Gray Home - c.1950, 3903 H Avenue. Home was built c.1889 by Capt. William and Margaret "Maggie" Gray, one of Fidalgo's earliest settlers. Gray [1843-1891] a native of Scotland, came to the United States in 1869 with his partner Peter Bell. After ranching in California for several years, Gray came to Fidalgo arriving March 1871. He established a home and farm [160 acres], sent to California for his partner Bell to join him and in 1881 sent to Scotland for Peter's sister Maggie whom Gray had betrothed c.1861; they married in Victoria on January 10, 1882. In mid-1890s this house and property purchased by John Henry Havekost, nephew of Tonjes Henry Havekost of Burrows Bay [See WF 7677]. House was later owned by L. K. Smith, and later by the Duranso family. Structure was still standing as of September, 2017 but the original pump house on the east side of house was gone before May 8, 2014. For more information and earlier view of the home, see WF 0064.|
|Photographer||ANACORTES AMERICAN staff|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Residence
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
GRAY, William, Captain
GRAY, Margaret "Maggie"
HAVEKOST, John Henry
HAVEKOST, Tonjes Henry
SMITH, L. K.
3903 H Avenue
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|