Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1152
Caption tabernacle
Description This photo is identified as the "tabernacle." The location and denomination are unknown. Numerous references may be found to various "tabernacles" in the ANACORTES AMERICAN from 1910 through the 1940s. 6-2-1910 -- "Meetings are Successful" article mentioned a "Tabernacle" at 6th and O Avenue capable of seating 2000 people; "At an unusually inspiring meeting last Sunday night in the tabernacle and at the close of a dramatic appeal by Drummer Evangelist Osborn, 46 people advanced to the front of the platform and publicly declared their desire to lead Christian lives ... Three hundred go forward for prayer." 7-5-1923 --John Grossbusch of Guemes Island reportedly purchased this same building from W. V. Welk and tore it down. 4-17-1930 -- Church Services Directory in ANACORTES AMERICAN listed the Pentecostal Tabernacle at 10th and O Avenue. 10-2-1941 -- "Tabernacle to be built on corner of 6th and O" Article stated Lester Helstead was issued a building permit for erection of a church tabernacle. See WF 5704, 5705.
Date 1930s c.
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Church
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms tabernacle
evangelist
Object Name Negative