Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2468
Caption Church of Christ
Description This is a women's group at Church of Christ, 1302 10th Street, on the northwest corner of 10th and M. This may have been a class of women or else an Easter photo; note the corsages and flower-bedecked hats. This church began as the Christian Church of Anacortes when it first held services on June 11, 1911. The church moved into this structure in November of 1912, which was known thereafter as First Christian Church of Anacortes. By the mid-1920s, the church name had changed to Church of Christ. In 1969 ground was broken for a new building on M Avenue between 12th and 13th. The first services were held there September 12, 1971. The 10th and M church building then became home to Anacortes Community Theater. Since c. 1998 the church has been known as Anacortes Christian Church. See also 1129, 1130, 1131.
Date 1940s c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Organization - Church
Structure - Church
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Church of Christ
Christian Church of Anacortes
First Christian Church of Anacortes
Anacortes Christian Church
Anacortes Community Theatre
Object Name Negative