Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1022
Caption Union 76 gas station - 901 Commercial Avenue
Description Union Service Station at 901 Commercial, SE corner of 9th and Commercial. The gas station was first listed as Pratt's Union Oil Service, Frank J. Pratt, proprietor, in the 1948 city directory; the next earlier directory is 1940. This was the former site of Francisco Motor Company. Brady wrote "Affleck" on the negative sleeve. The Affleck brothers, William and Dave, ran the Anacortes-Mount Vernon Stage Company from 1924 -1948 and were later affiliated with a gas station business. The 1954 city directory still listed Union Station at 901 Commercial. By the 1962 directory this address was listed as OK Tire Store. For additional views of this corner, see also WF 0261.019, 1010, and 1023. This photo also shows a Texaco Station at the NE corner of Commercial and 9th. For additional views of that gas station see WF 1016, 1393.012, 1393.017, 1393.019, and 1393.020. On WF 1023 a sign names Lyle Duncan as the dealer.
Date 1948, March 16
Photographer BRADY, Ferd (in his collection retrieved by Wallie Funk)
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Business - Service Station
Transportation - Land

Place - Anacortes, WA
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Service Station
Union 76
901 Commercial Avenue
Francisco Motor Company
Anacortes-Mount Vernon Stage Co.
OK Tire Store
Texaco station
Object Name Print, Photographic