Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0261.017
Caption Texaco Service Station
Description NE corner of Commercial and 9th. This view shows the Texaco Service Station at 819 Commercial. The 9-18-1930, ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Texaco to build gas station here at 9th and Commercial." Ground was broken 10-3-1930. At the time of this photo it was operated by Norm Pinkerton. It was run by Al Littlefield for many years. This site remained a Texaco station through the 1986 city directory. The building was demolished in 1990 to make way for the Chamber of Commerce Building, which opened on this site in 1991.
Photographer CRAM, Hal - possibly
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Place - Commercial Avenue
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Commercial Avenue
Texaco Service Station
Chamber of Commerce Building
Object Name Print, Photographic