Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1207
Caption Anacortes Fire and Police Department
Description The Anacortes Fire and Police Department was located on the south side of 12th Street between O Avenue and Commercial. The view of the building is just after construction was completed. Note construction material at far left. The campaign to build a new facility for the Fire and Police department began in earnest in 1950. Following Wallie Funk's purchase that June of the ANACORTES AMERICAN, he wrote numerous editorials urging the public to pass a bond issue to fund a new facility. The bond issue failed that year, and it took repeated attempts to pass it. The fire department and police moved into this building in 1953, replacing the building on 5th Street which housed the departments at that time. The building in still standing as of December 2008, but the fire department has moved to 13th Street behind this building, and the Police Department moved to 24th and M. Also see WF 1435.
Date 1952
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Fire Department
Police Department
bond issue
1011 12th Street
Firestation
police
Fire and Police Department
Object Name Negative