Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0496.A,B,C
Caption Great Northern Mill Co.
Description View of Great Northern Mill Company, built just west of Cap Sante. The mill was built on the original site of the Bowman Mill, constructed in 1890. In 1902, J. C. Storm and B. F. Ronneberger built the Great Northern Mill, but the mill closed the following year. Ronneberger would open an auto garage with Ed Knapp in 1907, Knapp & Ronneberger. (See WF 0161, 0994) In 1904 a third mill arose at the site, Anacortes Lumber & Box. See WF 0475 for history of that mill.
Date 1902 c.
Photographer Unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Photograph
Industry - Mill
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Great Northern Mill Company
Cap Sante
Bowman Mill
auto garage
Anacortes Lumber & Box Co.
Object Name Print, Photographic