Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2010.009.011-.013
Description Trulson Motors Co. - Chevrolet, Buick, Opal, at 1004 Commercial Avenue. The road from 9th to 11th and Commercial is torn up with the concrete in piles along the side of the road. According to the March 29, 1978 ANACORTES AMERICAN, (Page 3, Column 3-7) the improvements from 2nd to 12th on Commercial Avenue included sidewalks and curbing, new lighting, new water & sewer lines, and street paving. NOTE: Man on side of construction (left of photo) is Wallie Valentine Funk [Jr]. He is taking a photograph of the construction. At one time Wallie co-owned the ANACORTES AMERICAN newspaper. At the time of this photograph he was co-owner of the Whidbey News-Times in Oak Harbor. Later in the 1980's Wallie and his family moved back to Anacortes. There are approximately 40,000-50,000 images and negatives of his photograph collection in our museum collection. There are three photographs taken of this work (2010.009.011, 2010.009.012 and 2010.009.013)

Date 1978 Apr 10
Subjects Transportation - Land
Place - Anacortes, WA
Credit line Donated by Susan Trulson Reed from Agnes Trulson Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms automobile
car
structure
business
Trulson Motor Co.
Trulson Motor Company
Trulson Motors
construction
road
road building
road construction
road improvement
Safeway
Safeway Store
service station
service garage
gas station
Commercial Avenue
Object Name Print, Photographic