Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2015.059.049.002
Caption Dewey School/community center
Description Dewey School was built in 1913 at the top of what is now (2015) Washington Street on the north side of the curve that then becomes 4th Street. Grades 1 - 8 originally shared the one room building, although by 1954 that number had reduced to grades 1 - 4. The school closed in July 1955. The Dewey Beach fire department bought the building in 1959 and moved it to the Deception Road and Highway 20 intersection to serve as a meeting place and community hall.
Date 2005/10/
Subjects Place - Fidalgo Island
Structure - School
Credit line Donated by Judy Hakins, May 2015
Place Dewey Beach, WA
Search Terms Dewey
community
center
Dewey School
Fire Department
Object Name Print, Photographic