Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1020
Caption Trulson Motors interior
Description Herman Trulson operated Trulson Motors at 1004 Commercial from c. 1921-1975. He began business with Edmond Haugen in 1911 when they purchased the funeral parlor of Lea Dodge. By 1912 they had also opened a paint store; see WF 0111. By 1917 these business partners had gone their separate ways with Haugen taking the funeral parlor and Trulson taking the paint store. The 1917 city directory lists Trulson Paints and Wallpaper at 707 Commercial. By 1921 Trulson had begun a different business, Trulson Motors at 1004 Commercial. This view is of the auto parts counter. Note the safe at far right side is labeled "Trulson Motor Co." By 1930 this business was run by Trulson and Virgil H. Neeley. See also WF 0261.020, 0261.021, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1451, 5677.
Date 1930s c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place -Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Trulson Motors
funeral parlor
paint store
Trulson Paints and Wallpaper
store interior
Object Name Print, Photographic