Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1569
Caption c. 1941 Marineer Parade - cadet color guard
Description This is a cadet color guard marching at 18th and Commercial in a Marineer Parade c. 1941. Two females on horses precede them, and a military-style groups appears to follow them. South Side Texaco Service Station is at the right. It was first listed at 18th and Commercial in the 1948 directory; it was there in 1954, but gone by 1962. Next to South Side Texaco (left -- south) in the 2-story building at 1814 Commercial, was Brekenridge Plumging, listed in the 1948 and 1954 directories. Citizen's Pharmacy at 1820 Commercial began at 1912 Commercial in 1929. It was listed at that address through the 1940 directory. By 1948 it had moved to this location and was listed there through 1986. To the left is the First Baptist Church at 1904 Commercial. It began in 1893 when the Reverend and Mrs. Wheeler arrived in Anacortes with their "Chapel Car" - a converted railway car. In 1904 the church was dedicated, and the first services were held in this building November 21, 1907. It survived the difficulties of the Depression, and in November 1965 ground was broken for a larger structure at 27th and J. The original building as of January 2009 houses Left Bank Antiques.
Date 1941 c.
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Event - Marineer Pageant
Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Event - Parade
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Marineers' Pageant
Parade
Cadet color guard
First Baptist Church
Citizen's Pharmacy
South Side Texaco
Object Name Negative