Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0425
Caption Robinson Codfish Co.
Description Robinson Codfish Company (left) and Porter Fish Company (right) at the foot of M Avenue on the Guemes Channel [at 3rd]. The Robinson Cannery was built c. 1905; the Porter Cannery was the former Rosario Straits Packing Company, purchased by Porter in 1905; see the 7-20-1905, ANACORTES AMERICAN. In 1911, when Robinson moved to the Anacortes Creamery and Produce site in preparation for building its new plant at the foot of Erie Avenue, Porter purchased the Robinson Cannery; see 9-7-1911 issue. Porter Fish Company was sold in 1915, and the cannery was owned by Northwestern Fisheries by 1922. Note the large pile driver rising above Porter Fish. Also see WF 0394, 0424.

Large pile driver rising above Porter Fish.
Photographer Unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Industry - Seafood Processing
Maritime - Boat
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Robinson Codfish Company
Porter Fish Company
Rosario Straits Packing Company
Anacortes Creamery and Produce
Northwestern Fisheries
pile driver
Object Name Print, Photographic