|Catalog Number||WF 6614.001-.003|
|Caption||Ruth Bennett, Evergreen Motors|
Anacortes began its obsession with the automobile c 1907 when E.L. Knapp and Ben Ronneberger led the charge to establish close connections between local machine shops and livery stables with the new-fangled automobile. They converted their machine shop into a garage and established [supposedly] the first Ford dealership in the state. See 4/29/1981 ANACORTES AMERICAN.
Ruth Bennett was a saleswoman at Evergreen Motors in 1958. Located at 1704 Commercial, the business sold Ford motor products.
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Place - Anacortes, WA
Transportation - Land