Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1952
Caption Purse seiner ANN R.
Description "Ted Trafton taking salmon heads out to sea, hauled by purse seiner ANN R." is the only identification with WF 1947-1955. The old Russian Cement building complex, then owned by the Traftons, was located on Guemes Channel at the foot of Erie and Dakota Avenues. This image slows the purse seiner ANN R. as it hauls salmon heads out to sea. The Russian Cement plant operated from 1907-1916, producing fish oil, fish meal, and fertilizer. In 1916 it was bought out by Marani Products. In 1920 Marani was bought by J. E. Trafton, who owned it through 1969. It is unknown what Trafton called his operation, but it may simply have been "J. E. Trafton Company."
Date 1948-1952 c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Industry - Seafood Processing
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms salmon heads
purse seiner ANN R.
Russian Cement
fish oil
fish meal
fertilizer
Marani Products
Object Name Negative