36,000 salmon in Porter Fish Company cannery.
Porter Fish Company was located at the foot of M Avenue at 3rd on the Guemes channel. It was the former Rosario Straits Packing Company, purchased by Porter in 1905. See 7-20-1905, ANACORTES AMERICAN. In 1911, when Robinson Cannery (next to Porter) moved to the Anacortes Creamery and Produce site in preparation for building its new plant at the foot of Erie Avenue, Porter purchased the Robinson Cannery. See 9-7-1911, ANACORTES AMERICAN. Porter Fish Company was sold in 1915. By 1921 The cannery was Northwestern Fisheries by 1921.
Industry - Seafood Processing
Animal - fish
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - cannery
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|