Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1047
Caption Haugen Funeral Home
Description Interior view of Haugen Funeral Home, 1005 8th Street. This view shows the parlor with chairs facing a base for supporting a casket. Edmond Haugen started his funeral home in partnership with Herman Trulson in 1911, following their purchase of E. S. Dodge and Son's Funeral Parlor. Dodge and his son Lea began the business on 8th Street c. 1905 as part of their furniture business, a common occurrence at that time. After Dodge sold the business, the new owners renamed it Trulson and Haugen Undertakers. In 1912 the men opened a paint store on Commercial, and one year later erected a new funeral parlor. See the 4-30-1913 ANACORTES CITIZEN. By 1917 the partnership had split. Haugen took over the funeral parlor and the 1917 city directory lists him as Funeral Director and Licensed Embalmer at 1005 8th Street. That same directory listed Trulson operating Trulson Paints and Wallpaper; by 1921 he had gone into auto sales with Trulson Motors. Haugen operated the funeral home through 1939; it was gone by the 1940 directory.
Date 1930s c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd (in his collection retrieved by Wallie Funk)
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Haugen Funeral Home
E. S. Dodge and Son's Funeral Parlor
Trulson and Haugen Undertakers
funeral director
licensed embalmer
Trulson Paints and Wallpaper
Trulson Motors
Object Name Negative