Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0786
Caption Elks Band
Description Photo of Anacortes Elks Band dressed in comic costumes and playing in front of the Taylor Hotel at the foot of Commercial by Ocean Dock. Taylor Hotel was built in 1890 and demolished c. 1935. Anacortes Lodge No. 1204 of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks (BPOE) formed in 1910 with members meeting in the top story of the Keystone Building. They constructed their own lodge on the NW corner of 6th and Q Avenue (904 6th Street) in 1915, moving to a new lodge c. 1937 at 1009 7th Street. Anacortes City Hall moved into the original building at 6th and Q on September 25, 1947.
Date 1911, July 4
Photographer unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Entertainment
Structure - Business
Organization - Fraternal
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Anacortes Elks Band
BPOE
Benevolent Protective Order of Elks
Taylor Hotel
Keystone Building
lodge
Object Name Print, Photographic