Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1016
Caption Texaco Service Station
Description On 9-18-1930, the ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Texaco to build gas station here at 9th and Commercial." Grounds was broken on 10-3-1930 on the NE corner of that intersection. Norm Pinkerton ran it in its early years and his name is visible over the gasoline pumps. In 1948, the city directory listed this gas station as [Paul] Fosse's Texaco Service, 819 Commercial; Fosse was an Anacortes councilman. This business continued until c. 1962 when it was called A & Bill's Texaco. The 1975 and 1986 directories listed Al's Texaco , run by Al Littlefield, at that address. Note the fire engine in this view along with firemen. The station was demolished in 1990 when the corner was cleared for erection of the new Chamber of Commerce building. See WF 0261.016, 0262.017, 1022, 1393 for additional views of this station.
Date 1930s c. - late
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place -Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
People
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Texaco Service Station
Fosse's Texaco Service
A & Bill's Texaco
Al's Texaco
fire engine
firemen
Chamber of Commerce
Object Name Negative