|Catalog Number||WF 1490|
|Caption||Marineer Parade c. 1938 - Anacortes Fire Dept.|
This image from the c. 1938 Marineer Parade is of a color guard from the Stanwood Veterans of Foreign Wars bearing flags of the U. S. and Washington State. They are followed by a truck float labeled, "Stanwood V.F.W."
Buildings, right to left:
Pioneer Building with Iverson Brothers Billiard hall. Pioneer Building was built in 1898 by Valentine Funk. The Iverson Brothers began business here at 522 Commercial, c. 1929, in the old location of Anacortes Hardware; see WF 0078 and 1487. By 1948 the business was known as Iverson Brothers Beer Parlor, which was there in the 1955 city directory, but gone by the 1962 directory.
Shannon Building with Shannon Hardware on the southwest corner of Commercial and 6th. The building was built in 1899. Shannon Hardware began that same year and was listed in the 1937 city directory, but not in the 1939 directory.
|Photographer||from the BRADY, Ferd collection|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Event - Marineer Pageant
Place - Anacortes, WA
Event - Parade
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
Anacortes Fire Department
Iverson Brothers Billiard hall
Anacortes Hardware Co.
Iverson Brothers Beer Parlor
acorn street light
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|