|Catalog Number||WF 6628.001-.003|
|Caption||Union station attendant|
Anacortes began its obsession with the automobile c 1907 when E.L. Knapp and Ben Ronneberger led the charge to establish close connections between local machine shops and livery stables with the new-fangled automobile. They converted their machine shop into a garage and established [supposedly] the first Ford dealership in the state. See 4/29/1981 ANACORTES AMERICAN.
These photos of Fred and another service attendant were taken at the Union Oil 76 station at 901 Commercial in the 1950s.
|Photographer||Anacortes American staff photo|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Place - Anacortes, WA
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
|Object Name||Print, photographic|