Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1001.A,B
Caption Abbott Dodge and Plymouth
Description Abbott Dodge and Plymouth, on the SW corner of 3rd and Commercial Avenue. Note street sign on corner. This was Abbott Auto's third location. Edson Abbott began business C. 1921 as Abbott Autos, 803 Commercial. By 1927 Abbott Auto "Dodge and Plymouth Agency" had moved to 1005 Commercial and was listed there through the 1940 city directory; see WF 0158, 0261.022. The 5-2-1940 ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Abbott Auto will build at corner of 3rd and Commercial." The business was listed in the 1954 city directory, but was on in the 1962 directory. The date of this photo is based on earlier images of the business. Expansion and building of the new auto agency would most likely have taken place after the end of World War II. See WF 0261.003 for a view of this same corner in 1938.
Date 1948 c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place -Anacortes, WA
Transportation - Land
People
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Abbott - Dodge - Plymouth
car agency
Abbott Auto Co.
Object Name Print, Photographic