|Description||Texaco gas station, located on 7th Street, 1000 block, Anacortes (in 2008, the ELKS Club #1204 --1009 - 7th Street- was located here). The station was owned by Gene Schultz, and Al Cornet was the distributor. The man standing at the pump is Claude Spear; he was 20 years old, and 5' 3" when the photograph was taken in 1922. This photograph is of "Station #1". "Station #2" was located at the coner of 9th and Commercial in 1927 (in 2008, the Chamber of Commerce was at this corner). Sign on front of building reads: "Central Service No. 1, Repairing - Storage, TEXACO" in windows reads: Goodrich Silvertowns (which were tires). Photo (which is a copy) is attached to foam core board.|
Business - Gas Station
Place - Anacortes, WA
Transportation - Land
CORNETT, Allan "Al"
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|