Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0430
Caption Northwest Fisheries Co.
Description Northwest Fisheries Company was located at foot of M Street, former site of Porter Fish Company. Not listed by 1934 city directory.

Porter Fish Company was located at the foot of M Avenue at 3rd on the Guemes channel. It was the former Rosario Straits Packing Company, purchased by Porter in 1905. See 7-20-1905, ANACORTES AMERICAN. In 1911, when Robinson Cannery (next to Porter) moved to the Anacortes Creamery and Produce site in preparation for building its new plant at the foot of Erie Avenue, Porter purchased the Robinson Cannery. See 9-7-1911, ANACORTES AMERICAN. Porter Fish Company was sold in 1915. By 1921 The cannery was Northwestern Fisheries by 1921
Date 1915 c
Photographer JUDD, Charles
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Industry - Fishing
Place - Anacortes, WA
Photograph
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Northwest Fisheries Company
Porter Fish Company
salmon cannery
Object Name Print, Photographic