Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 5599
Description Aerial view of Anacortes Veneer at 35th and V Avenue at Fidalgo Bay. Anacortes Veneer Incorporated began operating in 1939 as a worker-owned plywood mill built to replace jobs lost during the Great Depression of the 1930s. The mill continued as a cooperative until 1969. Between 1964 and 1992 plywood was manufactured under various owners. Ozette-Morrison Mill appears to be operating at the far right, which closed in 1955.
Photographer DAVIS, Glenn
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Industry - Mill - Lumber
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Anacortes Veneer, Inc.
V Avenue
Ozette Morrison Mill
Fidalgo Bay
Object Name Print, photographic