Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1307
Caption Zion Lutheran Church confirmation (1934)
Description There were several different congregations of Lutherans on Fidalgo Island. Norwegian Lutherans organized their own church in Anacortes in 1909 and soon built their church at 20th and O Avenue. In 1936, this congregation merged with the Swedish Lutherans of Zion Lutheran Church who had built their church at 21st and O Avenue by 1911. Sometime during this period, Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church of Lake Campbell also merged with the Anacortes Norwegian Lutheran congregation. In 1942, the congregation changed the church's name to Anacortes Lutheran Church; see WF 1555, 1560. This confirmation class from the Zion Lutheran Church of 1934 includes: Front, left to right - Agnes Elvebak, unknown, Mamie Olson, Gutlorn Gregerson, unknown; Second row - unknown, R. Harlan Schillios unknown, Erling Okerlund; Third row - unknown, Hubert DeBoer, unknown, unknown, Vance Anderson
Date 1934
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Organization - Church
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
People ANDERSON, Vance Arthur
DEBOER, Hubert
ELVEBAK, Agnes
OKERLUND, Erling
OLSON, Mamie
SCHILLIOS, R. Harlan
GREGERSEN, Guttorm
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms confirmation class
Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church
Donnell road
Swedish Lutherans of Zion Lutheran Church
Anacortes Norwegian Lutheran
Anacortes Lutheran Church
Object Name Print, Photographic