|Catalog Number||WF 2064|
|Caption||E. K. Wood Company|
This E. K. Wood Company mill image is taken from Washington Park, looking east. Note the wooden sailing vessel docked at far right taking on lumber. Beyond it is the "Stiff-leg crane" that loaded vessels. The mill office building is visible at far left, with the millpond beyond it filled with logs that were delivered by train. See Funk's extensive photodocumentary of the demolition of the mill.
Fred J. Wood purchased this site in early 1914 and announced plans to construct a large mill; the mill was not actually built until 1923 and went into production in 1924. The mill was sold in 1943 and renamed Walton Mill. Walton Mill ceased operations in 1952 and was demolished in 1960. As of 11-2002 only one building remained from this mill complex; the Planing Shed, not visible in this photo, was located at the left side of the mill below the treed hillside.
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Industry - Mill - Lumber
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
E. K. Wood Company
E. K. Wood Mill