Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number D.IV.055.A,B
Caption Anacortes Livery Stable, Anacortes Transfer
Description View of Anacortes Livery Stable and Anacortes Transfer, 5th Street, between Commercial and Q avenues. Third and Fifth streets, between Commercial and Q avenues were the traditional site of livery services in Anacortes; see WF 0079, 0159. The Livery was run by Edwin Rowland, brother of Cora Rowland Allmond, and John Millet, who was also the proprietor of the Vendome Hotel; see WF 0736. This photo shows the Semar Building at far left, at the corner of 5th and Q Avenue. H. A. Taylor's blacksmith shop is also visible in the photo. Taylor lived on 32nd between O and Commercial avenues.
Date 1908 c.
Photographer Unknown
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Structure - Residence
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
Animal - Horse
People ROWLAND, Edwin Luther
ALLMOND, Cora ROWLAND
MILLET, John
TAYLOR, H. A.
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Anacortes Livery Stable
Anacortes Transfer
Semar Building
blacksmith shop
Object Name Print, Photographic