|Caption||Fidalgo Bay bridge|
View of March's Point with Fidalgo Bay in foreground from vantage point of Weaverling Spit. Beach at spit is near foreground. Across Fidalgo Bay on the left is Wagon bridge, on the right railroad bridge. Both bridges are set on pilings above high tide line. Railroad bridge was built as part of the original Seattle & Northern Railway right-of-way, in early 1890.
Construction of the wagon bridge began in August of 1890 and was completed that October. More than 500 pilings were used. It was in constant use for 21 years untile 1922 when it was condemned. Just to the left of the end of the railroad bridge was the location of Munks Hotel, an unsuccessful venture that languished with the burst of the 1890 bubble.
|Photographer||JUDD, C. L. (Charles LeRoy)|
Place - Fidalgo Island
Transportation - Railroad
Structure - Bridge
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk|
Seattle and Northern Railroad
|Object Name||Print, photographic|