Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0261.013
Caption Wilson Building
Description SW corner of Commercial and 8th. This view shows the Wilson Building, constructed in 1890 and named for its owner, David Wilson of Tacoma. At the time this photo was taken, the building was owned by Valentine and Barbara Funk, who purchased it in 1901. Their son, Wallie V. Funk (Sr) ran the New Wilson Hotel in this building. Valentine and Wallie Funk also ran the grocery, Save 'N Pay, located in the northern-most ground floor storefront. The New Wilson Tavern is in the southernmost storefront.
Photographer CRAM, Hal - possibly
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Place - Commercial Avenue
People
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Commercial Avenue
Wilson Building
New Wilson Hotel
Save 'N Pay
New Wilson Tavern
Object Name Print, Photographic