Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1028.002
Description 1949 advertisement calendar from the Brown Lantern with a shot of the interior view of Brown Lantern Tavern, 412 Commercial. The Brown Lantern began business c.1934 as a "beer parlor" and is still in business today (2013). *C.1937& 1939, Axel Jorgenson owned the Brown Lantern Tavern; c1948, 1949 it was owned by Sigler and Harvey Moen; c. 1952 and 1960 owned by Manley Matson. Note: on negative strip WF 1028.001.B, this image is shown in negative #3. The negative strip was probably given to Wallie Funk by Jess Sturgeon. It is clear that WF 1028.001.A is a copy negative. For other views of this tavern, see WF 1463-1470 and 1730. Its baseball club is shown in WF 0819.

*Based on directories available at the Anacortes Museum. Ownership extends beyond the years listed here.
Date 1934 c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd (in his collection retrieved by Wallie Funk)
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Brown Lantern Tavern
tavern
Object Name Negative