Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0394.A,B
Caption Robinson Fisheries
Description Robinson Codfish Company (left) and Porter Fish Company (right). They were located at the foot of M Avenue at 3rd on the Guemes Channel. The Robinson Cannery was built c. 1905; the Porter Cannery was the former Rosario Straits Packing Company, purchased by Porter in 1905. See 7-20-1905, ANACORTES AMERICAN. In 1911, when Robinson Cannery moved to the Anacortes Creamery and Produce site in preparation for building its new plant at the foot of Erie
Avenue, Porter purchased the Robinson Cannery. See 9-7-1911, ANACORTES AMERICAN. Porter Fish Company was sold in 1915. The cannery was Northwestern Fisheries by 1921. See WF 0430. It appears that the Robinson schooner, ALICE, is at dock in the foreground.

Photographer Unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Industry - Seafood Processing
Maritime - Boat
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Robinson Codfish Company
Porter Fish Company
Rosario Straits Packing Company
Anacortes Creamery and Produce
Northwestern Fisheries
ALICE
Object Name Print, Photographic