Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 4382
Caption NICHOLSON, Dr. Laurence
Description Dr. Laurence Elwood Nicholson, born December 8, 1907, was the son of Thomas and Zeruah Nicholson. He graduated from Anacortes High School in 1925 where he was active in glee club, operettas, drama, Torch Society and school government. From there he went on to pre-medical training at the University of Washington and earned his dentistry degree at the University of Oregon. He married Dorothy E. Etter of Anacortes on November 23, 1939. Lawrence Nicholson's first dental office was located in the Keystone Building (1937 city directory) at 619 Commercial Street (northeast corner). By 1948 according to the directory, he had moved into the Platt Building at 418-1/2 Commercial Street. That year's city directory listed Lawrence and his wife, Dorothy, as living at 1602 - 13th Avenue. In 1954 the city directory has Nicholson's office in the Medical Dental Building at 5th and Commercial. He was listed there in 1962 but was not found in the 1975 directory. He died February 11, 1980, in Anacortes.
Date 1940s c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
People NICHOLSON, Laurence Elwood, Dr., DDS
Place Anacortes, Washington
Search Terms people
portrait
Object Name Negative