Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1499
Caption 1947 Marineer Parade - horse and buggy
Description This image from the 1947 Marineer Parade is of a man and woman in a horse and buggy.

Buildings on 5th Street include Central Furniture (begun here c.1926 through mid-1940s), Shell Station, Louis Beauty Salon (c.1939 - c.1948), City Hall between N Avenue and O Avenue (built 1892). The Bank of Commerce is on the southwest corner of Commercial Avenue and 6th Street; the corner of the Empire Building (built 1905) on the northwest corner is also visible. The Bank of Commerce began in the Platt Building in 1904 and moved to this location in 1926 when this new building was constructed by William McCracken. In 1937, at the height of the Depression, the Bank of Commerce closed. The building remained vacant until is was occupied by People's National Bank in 1939 (as seen in this photo).. See the January 7, 1926 and January 13, 1926 ANACORTES AMERICAN. In January 2013 this building is occupied by Gere-a-Deli.
Date 1947
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Event - Marineer Pageant
Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Event - Parade
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
Animal - Horse
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Marineers' Pageant
Parade
horse and buggy
Peoples National Bank
Snyder's Pharmacy
Matt Kingsley Insurance
Goodwin - Benedict - Havekost Building
Army - Navy war surplus store
Foss Building
Admiral Radio and Refrigerator
Pioneer Building
Western Auto Supply
Shannon Building
Object Name Negative