Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1250
Caption 4th and Q
Description This view looks north on Q Avenue toward its intersection with 4th Street. The building on the northeast corner of 4th and Q is the Curtis-Childs Building, built in 1890; its ground floor was used as the new Anacortes Post Office. In 1911, the building was converted into apartments and became a rooming (boarding) house; see the 6-22-1911, ANACORTES AMERICAN. The Primo family lived in the house at right, on the southeast corner of 4th and Q. For another view of this intersection, see WF 1249.
Date 1949, Nov. 28
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Structure - Residence
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms 4th Street and Q Avenue
Cap Sante
Curtis-Childs Building
Anacortes Post Office
apartments
rooming house
Object Name Negative