Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0678
Caption Mt. Vernon, Front Street
Description Photo of J. Regenvetter and horse team on Front Street in Mt. Vernon. The town was founded on the banks of the Skagit River in 1877 by Harrison Clothier and Edward English, who purchased ten acres from settlers Jasper Gates and Joseph Dwelley who had settled there in the early 1870s. Joseph Dwelley's son, Charles, later moved to Anacortes. See WF 0286, WF 3787. For more information on the founding of Mt. Vernon, see FIRST VIEWS: AN EARLY HISTORY OF SKAGIT COUNTY, p. 40, 95, 112.
Date 1902
Photographer JUDD, C. L. (Charles LeRoy)
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Animal - Horse
Place - Mt. Vernon
People
Transportation - Land
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
People REGENVETTER, J.
Place Mt. Vernon, WA
Search Terms Mt. Vernon
Skagit River
Front Street
Object Name Print, Photographic