|Catalog Number||WF 0146|
|Caption||Marine Supply Hardware|
|Description||Efthimios (Mike) Demopoulos (far right) at The Marine Supply and Hardware, 2nd and Commercial Avenue where the business is still in operation as Marine Supply and Hardware. This is the longest business in Anacortes in one family. Business was started on 2nd between O Avenue and Commercial by Mike Demopoulos c.1912-1913 as the Anacortes Junk Co. and was still in business as of August 2011, as Marine Supply and Hardware Company. The building was constructed c.1906 for M. E. Wilson's business called, The Anchorage." See business timeline under NOTES. Demopoulos, a Greek emigrant, apparently opened his junk business on the northwest corner of the building on 2nd, c.1913. By 1929 he had opened The Marine Supply Hardware Company on the corner. Anacortes Junk Company is visible on the right side of this photograph on 2nd Street. Mike Demopoulos is standing at the far right of the photo. Note planked sidewalks, gasoline pump. Grand Hotel (formerly Hotel Potts) also visible in rear, on 2nd Avenue (right side of photo). Business was noted in the City Directory in 1911: "Miss E. Rudd, Proprietor", address given as 1013 - 2nd Street. From c1917 to mid-1920s L. K. Gillis was manager, In 1929, Gertrude Johnson was listed as the manager. Was not listed in 1934. Also see WF 0145 and WF 0147|
|Photographer||BRADY, Ferd - possibly|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
DEMOPOULOS, Efthimios "Mike"
Marine Supply & Hardware Co.
Anacortes Junk Co.
Dickenboom shooting gallery
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|