Anacortes City Hall and Fire Department were erected on the south side of 5th Street between O Avenue and N Avenue [1107 5th Street] in 1892. On 10-15-1891, the ANACORTES AMERICAN reported that, "Site ordered prepared for new city hall." By 4-7-1892, the building was completed and the paper announced, "New fire hall quarters in city hall." See also WF 0002. The building was demolished in 1953. See photos taken by Wallie Funk of the demolition, and by Ferd Brady of the interior of the building in the 1930s.
Postcard is dated between 1907 - 1914 by the stamp box and the fact that it is a divided back.
On September 25, 1947, City Hall moved into the old Elk's Building at 904 6th Street.
Disaster - Fire
Transportation - Land
Animal - Horse