Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0435
Caption interior of Porter Cannery
Description View of men in interior of Porter Cannery. The Porter Cannery was the former Rosario Straits Packing Company, purchased by Porter in 1905 [See 7/2/0/1905, ANACORTES AMERICAN]. In 1911, when Robinson moved to the Anacortes Creamery and Produce site in preparation for building its new plant at the foot of Erie Avenue, Porter purchased the Robinson Cannery. [See 9/7/1911, ANACORTES AMERICAN]. Porter Fish Company was sold in 1915; cannery was owned by Northwestern Fisheries by 1922. Fred Fulton is on the right; more about Fulton in WF 0401. Chinese workers appear to be in this view as well.
Date 1905 c
Photographer unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Industry - Fishing
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Photograph
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms cannery
Porter Cannery
Porter Fish Company
Rosario Straits Packing Company
Anacortes Creamery and Produce
Robinson Cannery
Northwestern Fisheries
Chinese workers
Object Name Print, Photographic