Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0071
Description The Racket stationary and sundry store was run by William Beard's daughters at several locations on Commercial Avenue between 1898 and 1905. It apparently was begun by W. G. Beard c. 1898 at east corner of P and 4th. By 1902 his daughters Mabel and Lila managed the business on the west side of Commercial between 4th and 5th. WF 0071 shows one of these two earlier locations; see WF 0072 for later location. By 1905 the store was on Commercial between 6th and 7th. By 1906 the business had apparently been sold to S. D. Temple. The store sold a variety of goods from stationery, magazines, tobacco products, to dishware. See also
WF 0096, 0070, 0072.

THE RACKET
1898 8-4 ANACORTES AMERICAN, "The Racket store is to move from the corner of P and 4th to
west bet. 4th and 5th."
1900 The Racket Store, books, periodicals, W.G. Beard
1902 (11-13) On Commercial between 4th and 5th. Misses Beard proprietors
1905 Commercial between 6th and 7th, Mabel Beard proprietor
1906 (5-10) Between 7th and 8th on Commercial, S. D. Temple and Company
1910 Racket Store, S. D. Temple and Company
Photographer Home Portrait Company
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
People BEARD, Lila
BEARD, Mabel PARDIS
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Racket, The
stationery
magazines
tobacco
dishware
Object Name Print, Photographic