Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2170
Caption Boespflug Construction Company - Guemes Island
Description WF 2167 - 2174 are images Brady took of Boespflug Construction Company, a short-lived shipyard that operated in 1943, most likely on the southwest shore of Guemes Island. This view shows a nearly completed barge. Boespflug had a contract with the U. S. Army to produce barges. Note: On the lower right corner of four of these negatives, there is a very faint inscription written. It is only visible when the negative is slowly turned back and forth when flat; it does not show up when holding the negative up to a light source. The WF 2169 inscription states, "J. C. Boespflug Construction Company. Barge, U. S. Army, B C 1338. Contract W2031tc 714, Apr 15-43." On upper left corner of reverse side of negative is written, "Apr. 19." On the upper rear left corner is written, "1338." Brady probably took these images to document the contract work for the government.
Date 1943, April 19
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Guemes Island
Transportation - Maritime
Industry - Boat Building
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Guemes Island, WA
Search Terms Guemes Island
Boespflug Construction Company
shipyard
barge
Object Name Negative