Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0153
Caption Elk's Hall
Description The Elks Hall was built on the NW corner of 6th Street and Q Avenue (904 6th Street) in 1915. On 1-28-1915, the ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Elks hold formal dedication of new temple: cornerstone placed with impressive ceremony." On 5-27-1915, the paper reported, "Anacortes Elks are now at home in new building." (photo of building also included in this issue) The building's dedication took place 6-9-1915. It served the Elks until c. 1950 when City Hall moved into the building and the Elks moved to the south side of 7th between Commercial and O. Subsequent additions added a third floor and an addition of the west side. Anacortes City Hall is still based here as of 12-2011. NOTE: City Hall moved to this location on September 25, 1947.
Date 1920s c. early
Photographer JUDD, Charles LeRoy - probably
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Organization - Fraternal
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Elks Hall
Structure - City Hall
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Elks Hall
City Hall
Object Name Postcard