Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number D.XXII.052
Caption Great Northern Depot & Presbyterian Church
Description "Seventh Street, Looking Toward G. N. Depot, Anacortes, Wash." [Great Northern Depot] View of Q Avenue and 7th Street. Methodist Church is visible on north side of 8th Street between Q and R Avenues. The Methodist-Episcopal Church began in Anacortes on June 28, 1890, one of the first churches organized in Anacortes. On July 3, 1890 the ANACORTES AMERICAN reported: "Church organizations" Methodist Church organized in the city." On Jan 15, 1891 it reported: "Revival meeting under the auspices of the Methodist Church are now in full swing in Bowman's Hall." Construction of church on 8th Street between Q and R Avenues began in 1892. Economy slowed construction and the church wasn't completed until 1902. This photo also gives an excellent view of homes located on 7th Street, as well as the Great Northern Depot on R Avenue, which opened there on June 29, 1911.
Photographer Patton Post Card Co., Salem, OR
Subjects unknown
Anacortes
Place Anacortes, WA
Object Name Postcard