Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2408
Caption Bryant's Marina
Description WF 2408-2412 are image of Bryant's Marina, located on the west side of Cap Sante Boat Haven. On the far left side of this photo, the Methodist Church on 8th Street between Q and R avenues is visible; the church was demolished in the mid-1960s. The structure between the church and Bryant's Marina is the old Morrison Mill office building, moved to this site from the old Morrison Mill yard in 1957; see also Wallie Funk photos of the Morrison Mill office building move to Cap Sante where it became the Yacht Club headquarters. Note: The presence of the Morrison Mill building near Bryant's dates this image. But, the date of 1957 is five years after Brady retired, although he was still living in Anacortes at this time and may have taken these photos. Another possibility is that Brady did not take these images and they were the work of staff at the ANACORTES AMERICAN, which took the same 4 x 5 negatives. Because these negatives were found in the Brady Collection, they are processed here. Bryant's Marina changed its name to Anacortes Marina c. 1958.
Date 1957 c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Business
Structure - Business
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Bryant's Marina
construction
Methodist Church
Morrison Mill
office
Object Name Negative