Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0261.020
Description SW corner of Commercial and 10th. Trulson Motor Company at 1004 Commercial was begun by Herman Trulson in 1911 with Edmund Haugen by purchasing the Dodge Funeral Parlor. In 1912 the men opened a paint store on Commercial Avenue. The 4-30-1913, ANACORTES CITIZEN reported that Trulson and Haugen had erected a new funeral parlor. By 1917, the partnership had split and Haugen took over the funeral parlor. THe 1917 directory lists Haugen as Funeral Director and Licensed Embalmer at 1005 8th Street, while Trulson operated Trulson Paints and Wallpaper. By 1921 Trulson had gone into auto sales as Trulson Motors. The 1-29-1925, ANACORTES AMERICAN reported he was building a concrete garage at 1004 Commercial which would be his "repair and battery shop." Trulson operated his Chevrolet dealership at that location through the 1975 city directory, but had disappeared by 1986. Charles Franklin's Sign Painting business is south of Trulson Motors; next is Thole's Garage, which is not listed in 1937 or 1939 directory.
Photographer CRAM, Hal - possibly
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Place - Commercial Avenue
Transportation - Land
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Commercial Avenue
Trulson Motor Company
Dodge Funeral Parlor
paint store
funeral parlor
embalmer
Trulson Paints and Wallpaper.
auto sales
repair and battery shop
Chevrolet dealership
Charles Franklin's Sign Painting
Thole's Garage
Object Name Print, Photographic